Are you finding it hard to remember certain things? Are you struggling to keep your mind sharp as various factors come in the way? Do you normally suffer embarrassment after forgetting certain important things?
If the answer to these questions is yes, it means there is something wrong with your brain power. Here comes the need for yoga for brain power.
Table of Contents
Why Yoga Is Important For Brain Power?
The brain is an amazing organ of our body that performs unimaginable things. As we take care of and protect our other body parts and organs, the well-being and sanity of the brain are also important. Especially when we are living in this extremely competitive world.
There are several factors that affect the functioning of our brain and result in psychiatric disorders. Some of the common factors are stress, lifestyle, age, brain injury, diseases, etc.
In order to avoid such kind of undesirable situations and to strengthen your brain, it is recommended to incorporate yoga poses for brain power as an essential part of your daily routine.
Do you know how yoga can help you in improving mental well-being?
The regular practice of yoga helps in:
- improving blood circulation
- improving oxygen flow
- increasing overall brain wave activity
- reducing depression and anxiety
- enhancing overall health.
Not just for adults, there are yoga poses for kids as well. They help a lot in enhancing the focus and memory in kids, and thus, develop learning skills and improve academic performance.
Different Types of Yoga For Brain Power
When you are familiar with so many benefits of practicing yoga, it is not good to ignore it completely.
So, if you really want to increase your brain skill, you must go through these effective poses of yoga for brain power and also make sure to practice them regularly.
1. What is Tadasana (Mountain Pose)?
Do not underestimate this simple standing pose which is very effective in improving your brain power. This yoga for brain power helps greatly in focusing your mind on breathing, thus keeping you relaxed.
Whether you are suffering from regular headaches and not being able to concentrate on daily activities or having insomnia, a condition when you do not sleep properly, your brain is not able to function at its best.
Tadasana or Mountain Pose works effectively in dealing with such health conditions. This yoga pose to improve brain power helps a lot in giving you a calm sleep and makes your brain more alert.
How to do Tadasana:
- Stand straight and keep your feet together and arms must be on your sides by keeping them open with fingers pointing downwards.
- Keep your face straight by keeping your chin parallel to the ground.
- Now, breathe in and out gently.
- Do this for 5-10 minutes per session.
2. What is Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand)?
It is another one of the effective yoga for brain power which is considered as a great way to nourish the brain. It works great in improving the blood flow to the main parts of the brain i.e. hypothalamus and pineal glands. As a result of it, the functioning of your brain improves.
To gain the benefits of this yoga pose, you must include it in your daily exercise regime. But, at the initial stage, it is advisable to take the help of a yoga expert to avoid neck and spine injury.
How to do Sarvangasana:
- Lie down straight on the ground and left your legs slowly in the air.
- Keep your elbow on the ground and your hands under the hips while raising your pelvis upward slowly.
- Continue raising your hips until your chin touches your chest.
- Hold this position for a few seconds before getting back to the ground.
3. What is Padmasana (Lotus Pose)?
This yoga for brain power is highly beneficial in calming your mind and helps in eliminating fatigue and muscular stress. Always keep in mind that once you feel relaxed and unstressed, the brain will revive itself and becomes more capable of dealing with new challenges.
How to do Padmasana:
- Simply sit straight on the ground while stretching your legs towards you.
- Bend both legs at the knees and place the right leg onto the left thigh and place the left leg onto the right thigh and keep your spine erected.
- Now, put your hands on the knees in the classic chin mudra.
- Breathe in and out deeply.
- Hold this position while breathing in and out for 2-5 minutes.
4. What is Halasana (Plow Pose)?
If you want to uncover hidden capabilities, Halasana is one of the effective yoga for brain power. It is quite beneficial in improving blood circulation and vitality. Thus, enhances the strength of your brain as well as also helps in soothing the nerves, making your brain capable of exploring new capabilities.
How to do Halasana:
- Lie straight on the ground on your back and keep your arms on your sides.
- Now, try to raise your feet using your abdominal muscles off the ground at a 90-degree position.
- Now, your face and legs are in the air and supported with your hands.
- Hold this position for a few seconds and breathe normally.
5. What is Setubandhasana (Bridge Pose)?
Among various other yoga poses for brain power, this pose is highly effective in restoring your brain power and calming your mind. This yoga for brain power enhances the blood flow to the brain and rejuvenates the nervous system. If this yoga pose is practiced regularly, you will feel great relief from migraine headaches.
How to do Setubandhasana:
- Lie straight on the ground and keep your feet flat on the ground. It keeps your hip a little apart from the ground.
- Now, try to touch your feet with your fingers by facing your palms down.
- Breathe in while doing this and move your hips as high as you can.
- Hold this position for 1-2 minutes and relax.
6. What is Bhramari Pranayama (Humming Bee Breathing)?
If you are looking for the best yoga for brain power, you must do Bhramari Pranayama for better results to improve your memory and concentration.
It also helps in getting rid of negative thoughts, stress, and fatigue and calms your mind. You must do this pose every day to enhance the calmness of your mind.
How to do Bhramari Pranayama:
- Sit straight on the ground and close your eyes.
- Try to feel the sensations within your body and the silence around you.
- Place your index finger on the area between the ear and cheek.
- Now, breathe in deeply and when you breathe out, press your finger onto that area.
- Keep it pressed, you will hear a loud humming bee-like sound.
- Relax and repeat it 4-5 times per session.
Yoga is considered a simple, easier, and safe method to refresh your mind, so try to include these poses of yoga for brain power in your daily exercise routine.
You will experience a great improvement in your daily activities when everything will be at your fingertips.