Are you dealing with frequent illness? Do you have a poor immune system? Are you looking for Vitamin C rich foods to boost your immunity? If Yes, you will get your all answers here.
To cure any disease, it is very important to maintain a healthy immune system for quick recovery. We all very well know that a cold virus is an infection that can easily infect you in any season. So, you need to work on natural ways to improve your immune system instead of consuming Vitamin C supplements.
Table of Contents
Why Should You Eat Vitamin C Rich Foods?
Many people prefer to take 200mg of Vitamin C injections per day to lessen the effects of cold symptoms. You can even find Emergen-C dietary supplements at your local drugstore to enhance your immune system and energy.
But, instead of resorting to such supplements, it is advisable to take natural and healthy Vitamin C rich foods for health and well-being.
Importance of Foods High In Vitamin C
Vitamin C plays an important role in making your body stays healthy and makes it capable of fighting various diseases.
It allows your body to function effectively to prevent and decrease the sternness of the cold. It helps in recovering your body from the cold virus in a short time.
The below given different foods can easily be added to your everyday diet to keep the virus far away from you. A nutritionally balanced diet is very important to boost the immune system. That is what these Vitamin C rich foods are giving to you.
Best Vitamin C Rich Foods
- Cranberries are one of the tropical fruits which are very high in Vitamin C. It not only makes you able to recover from an illness but also gives several other health benefits.
- Chili Pepper is another food high in Vitamin C. You can add it with other vegetables for cooking as eating it alone may not be possible for you.
- Citrus fruits like lemon, orange, and guava are the great source. They must be taken when suffering from a cold virus.
- Some vegetables like Broccoli, potatoes, tomatoes, etc. should also be taken to sustain the necessary level. Just a cup of Broccoli can give you 90mg of Vitamin C while one tomato is enough to get 30mg of Vitamin C.
- It can also be found in green vegetables such as cabbage, spinach, and all other green leafy vegetables. They are helpful in maintaining the immune system.
- Carrots are also included in the food high in Vitamin C.
- Blackcurrants, raspberries, and Blackberries can also be taken to reduce the consequences of cold symptoms.
- If you are non-vegetarian, you must eat fish during the cold. It enables your body to get out of the cold virus faster.
- Mango is a seasonal fruit but has a high content of Vitamin C. 1-2 mangoes a day can give you a high dose of Vitamin.
- Fresh parsley can easily be available in the market. It contains about 100 mg of Vitamin C which can be attained in just 2 tablespoons full of parsley.
The best way to include it in your diet is to eat uncooked, steamed vegetables or cook the food quickly. If you lack Vitamin C in your routine diet, you are more prone to get closer to the illness.
To strengthen the cell walls of your body to keep viruses out, it is better to consume Vitamin C rich foods daily.