……and here comes the summer! Summer is always considered to be the vacation season. Most of people go for outing, visit their friends and relatives but a smart homeowner carries out his home improvement process during this time. He cleverly uses this time of the year to make a smart move in investing in home remodeling project.
Before starting with such a huge project, better decide the flow of your work. Always follow these five basic steps to be included in your entire project: idea, planning, assessment, execution, evaluation. There are many things that can be included in your home improvement list, but to take the advantage of the summer time, go for the renovation of the exteriors of your house.
Start with the landscaping in the exteriors of your house. Most of house owners choose landscaping first because the outside of your house speaks more about your house than what is inside. Unlike what is generally considered to be landscaping, it includes many other things apart from just gardening. Following are few ideas regarding the different areas of landscaping:
- Try to look at your current house paint. Is it actually adding to your house’s beauty? If the answer is no, try making it look more appealing by repainting it with some good choice of color. Summertime is always an added advantage for the paint to dry up faster.
- Home improvement is considered to be incomplete without the upgrading of your garden! A beautiful garden enhances the surroundings of your house along with creating natural scenery for your home. Some basic things related to this are plantation of beautiful plants, upgrading the irrigation facility and water supply system, getting a better soil type and use of improvised pesticides.
- Gutters form an important part of this project. Make sure that your gutters are cleaned and if not, summers are best time for cleaning the gutters.
- Additional structures can add more life to the outside beauty of your home. It can be anything like artistic fountains, creative fences, small artificial pools etc.
- Check for any cracks in the concrete sections of the exteriors. Better rectify and modify them if necessary for a finishing touch.
After getting done with the outside of your home, go for the interiors. This part of the project is simple because your mind might be already ready with the scenario of what needs to be changed and what to repair. Some of the basic interior home improvement to be considered is:
- Change your old, dull and faded curtains with some bright ones. Check for some stores that provides stylish curtains at affordable rates.
- Do an assessment in your kitchen and see if everything is perfect or not. You can replace the cabinets with more flexible ones or sinks can also be replaced with new shiny ones and can go through an entire polishing of the existing items to bring back the glow in them.
- Get your carpets replaced with new one that will match your new curtains and the ambience of the home.
- Damaged floors can be redone, and bathrooms can be equipped with new technologies.
You can very effectively use this summertime to make all these changes by using the hot sunny climate for the exteriors and cool nights for the interiors. With the above highlights regarding your home improvement project, it is expected that you will have sure fun doing it!